Friday 18 May 2012

Reviews in a Nutshell

As I've mentioned, I'm right in the middle of my exams and so haven't been able to write full reviews for the films I have seen recently.


Instead, here's a very quick run through, in the order that I saw them:


The Pirates! In an Adventure With Scientists- As charming and witty as you would expect from Aardman, if not their most memorable.

The Cabin In The Woods- Rarely have I had this much fun in the cinema. A smart satire made by people who love the genre, and a lot more enjoyable than the similarly self-referential Funny Games (which I hate).


The Avengers- less than the sum of it's parts, but brilliantly enjoyable and funny while you're watching it.


Jeff, Who Lives At Home- Sweet, warm and funny, but ultimately rather forgettable.


The Raid- If I see a more brilliantly thrilling, hyper-violent film all year, I'll be mightily impressed. I'll also be surprised if it doesn't sneak into my top ten of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment